Meryton Press’s first short story anthology is due out for publication in early June, with its blog tour set for June 15-28, 2015. Sun-Kissed: Effusions of Summer brings together the talents of Meryton Press’s award-winning and favorite authors together with emerging talent. Four new authors earned a spot in this collection through our Summer Lovin’ Short Story Contest held earlier this year.
Another short story contest will be held by Meryton Press with a winter theme. It will be open for entries in June, so sharpen your pens, stretch your typing fingers and start writing now to get your stories entered into the winter anthology. You may see your name join these in future.
“So each had a private little sun for her soul to bask in…” Thomas Hardy
If you desire a little heat, a summer flirtation, or an escape to bask in your own private sun…this whimsical collection of original short stories is inspired by all things summer.
Contemporary and Regency alike, each romance was dreamt as a perfect summer refreshment to bring a smile to your own sun-kissed face.
- In KaraLynne Mackrory’s Shades of Pemberley, Mr. Darcy, with some fantastic assistance, discovers Elizabeth Bennet in a most unlikely place.
- Karen M. Cox’s Northanger Revisited modernizes Northanger Abbey at a fictionalized Georgia seaside.
- Linda Beutler takes us to Paris as a young gentleman is schooled in the ways of amour in The Incomplete Education of Fitzwilliam Darcy.
- In Spyglasses and Sunburns, J. Marie Croft takes the Miss Bennets to the seaside where they chance upon handsome acquaintances.
- In Abigail Bok’s Summer at Sanditon, a little sea bathing seems just the thing to cure what ails Anne de Bourgh.
- In Natalie Richards’ Midsummer Madness, an honest confession and a promise between mysterious strangers at a masque ball mends a misunderstanding.
- Sophia Rose re-imagines a modern-day Persuasion in Second Chance at Sunset Beach.
- In Morgan K Wyatt’s Dream Spinner, a near-death car accident and an unlikely trucker, brings fresh perspective to a young co-ed’s life and love
Blog Tour Schedule
6/15: Guest Post at Austenprose
6/16: Guest Post & Giveaway at My Jane Austen Book Club
6/17: Review at Diary of an Eccentric
6/18: Excerpt & Giveaway at So Little Time…
6/19: Guest Post & Giveaway at The Little Munchkin Reader
6/20: Excerpt & Giveaway at The Calico Critic
6/21: Review at Margie’s Must Reads
6/22: Guest Post & Giveaway at Best Sellers & Best Stellars
6/23: Excerpt & Giveaway at Songs and Stories
6/24: Review at Wings of Paper
6/26: Guest Post & Giveaway at My Kids Led Me Back to Pride & Prejudice
6/27: Review at Babblings of a Bookworm
6/28: Author Feature & Giveaway at The Delighted Reader